Details of Personal Information as Collected by Us
· We receive and store any information you enter while using our website or what you give us via any other medium. This includes all information that can be used to identify you (such as your first and last name, your telephone number, postal, email address, billing information, and more). We may also request information about your hotel room preference, frequent flyer details and car rental programs. You can choose not to give some or all of such information to us. However, some information about you will be required for booking your travel, to complete a traveller profile, to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, for us to answer a query or for initiating other transactions via our website.
· When you place in a reservation for someone else via this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences for that individual(s). You should also obtain their consent before providing us with their personal information and travel preferences. Any access to view or modify their information will be accessible via your account only.
· We may also obtain personal and non-personal information about you periodically from business partners, affiliated entities and other independent sources to add to our account details. Examples of information that we may receive include updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information. Depending on your privacy settings and that of your party, we may use information you provide to share with some social media provider regarding your respective location to provide you with all the relevant content.
· We collect some information automatically about your computer whenever you visit this website. For instance, we will collect your IP address, details about your Web browser, and your referring website. We may also collect information about your online activity trends, such as all the trips viewed and the bookings made subsequently. Our reasons for collecting this information automatically include customising your experience and inhibiting any fraudulent activity.
How We Use Your Personal Information
· We use sensitive billing information like cardholder name, Credit Card number, and expiration date for executing the travel bookings you conduct over our website. We make use of other details about you for the following purposes: to provide you products and services that you request for to provide you with travel confirmation and other updates; to effectively manage your account that includes processing bills and providing notifications related to travel; to communicate generally with you; to respond to your questions as well as comments; to compute interest in and to improve our products, services and website; for notifying you about special offers & products or services that could be of interest to you; or to customise your usage of this website; for rewarding you as part of any such program that you choose to join; to seek for information from you, which includes surveys, for resolving disputes, collect fees or to troubleshoot problems; for preventing potentially prohibited/illegal activities; to enforce Terms & Conditions set forth by us, and also as otherwise has been described to you at the collection point.
· We strive to make it easier for you to take benefit of travel-related opportunities over our website. We do this by sending email messages to you, which may contain information related to your travel-related interests. For example, if you search for a flight to New York (NY) on our website & have saved your itinerary details or otherwise not booked your travel as yet, we may send you a message via email - reminding you about your saved travel itinerary or a special airfare to NY. We believe that these email messages will provide you with useful information regarding travel-related special offers that are available via our website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these email messages or any other email sent by us.
With Whom All We Share Your Details
· Independent vendors who provide services/functions on our behalf, which include: Credit Card Processing, Customer Services, business analytics, survey distribution, marketing and also fraud prevention. We may also permit independent vendors to collect details on our behalf as it would be necessary to operate our website features or facilitate the online advertising delivery tailored to you. These independent vendors have permission to and may collect necessary information only when required to perform their functions only and are not allowed to share or make use of the same for any other means. They also have to follow the same set of data security practices that we adhere to.
· Business partners associated with us with whom we may offer products or services jointly or whose products and/or services may be offered through our website. You can always tell when an independent entity is involved with a product/service you have requested because their name/logo will always be visible either with our brand name or all alone. If you wish to access these completely optional services, we may share your personal details with them. Please note: that we don't control the privacy practices of these independent business entities.
· If you were directed to this website from some other website, we may share some details about you with that routing website. We have not formed any limitation on the referring websites' usage of your details, and we would encourage you to review their privacy policies beforehand.
· We may share your details with our corporate affiliates whenever the requirement arises. This sharing also enables us to provide you with all essential information regarding products and services related to travel and those that might be of interest to you. Our company and corporate affiliates have the right to access your information. They will follow all those practices that are at least as restraining as the practices described in this document. They also will comply with all applicable laws that govern the transmission of promotional interactions and give you the option in any commercial email to opt-out from all emails in the future.
· In response to a summons, court orders, or other legal processes for establishing or exercising our legal rights to defend against legal claims or as is otherwise required by the law. In such cases, we would reserve the right to raise/waive off any legal objection/right available to us.
· When we believe that it will be appropriate to initiate an investigation, prevent or take action regarding illegal/suspected illegal activities; for protecting and defending the rights, property or security of our company or this very website, our customers or others and by our Terms & Conditions and other bound agreements.
· In connection with some corporate transaction such as a merger, divestiture, consolidation or sale of an asset or in the unlikely bankruptcy event.
· Other than what is described above, you will be given notice when personal details about you are being shared with independent entities, and you will have access to an opportunity to opt not to have us disclose or share such information.
· We may also share anonymous or aggregate information with independent entities, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the total number of visitors who visit our website or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is only used to develop content and other services that may be of interest to you.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We do not store any information relating to your credit or debit cards. However, we use risk management agencies and refer the details of the card used to them for address verification and fraud checks and controls.
Other Details You Should Know About Privacy
IP Addresses and Cookies
When you visit our website, we may collect information about the computer, including where available, the IP address, operating system and type of browser used, to track and aggregate non-personal information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file (text file) stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to provide a more user-friendly experience. They enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests, to speed up your searches and to recognise you when you return to our site.